Calendar Of Events
Championship Regulations 2011
Regulation Governing Championship Fixtures For 2011
1. Teams should be numbered properly
2. Clubs are requested to dress uniformly i.e. matching socks and shorts
3. Official Team list to be supplied to referee prior to commencement of game
4. The maximum number of Officials allowed into the pitch area for the game (including four Water Carriers (Football)/Water/Hurley Carriers (Hurling)) is to be 10 persons
5. With the exception of the Bainisteoir, the Maor Foirne, the Medicial Officer and the four Water or Water/HurleyCarriers (Who are to be provided with distinguishing bibs by the Carbery Board) - all other Substitutes and Officials, shall remain seated at all times during play. Where dugout are not big enough the host club should provide seats for the substitutes and Officials.
6. The Bainisteoir may go along the sideline between the two 45m lines to issue instructions, after which he must return to the area in front of his own team's dug out. He must not enter the field for any purpose
7. The Maor Foirne (who must be a selector) may enter the field via the Substitution Zone during a break in play (i.e. when the ball has gone out of play following a score or wide or a stoppage called by the Referee for a medical attention to an injured player), to issue instructions and exit the Pitch at the nearest endline/sideline and return to sit in his own team's dugout area. The Maor Foirne may not act as a Hurley/Water Carrier.
8. Non Playing Officials to be over the age of 16.
A Team Medical Official only may, having obtaining the expressed permission of the referee (who may delegate authority to his linesmen), enter the field to examine an injured player. He is not at this point, to take a medical kit onto the field. No other Team Official shall enter the field of the Play for this purpose. The practice of a number of Team Officials running onto the field to examine an injury is strictly prohibited. Minor Injuries must be treated off the field.
10. Four Water Carriers (Football) or Four Hurley/Water Carriers (Hurling) are permitted per team. Such carriers are to be positioned between the 20m and 65m. Water Carriers are not permitted to enter the field of the play. They may only approach the sidelines to dispense water to a player. In Hurling, Water/Hurley Carriers may enter the field with a replacement hurley, when necessary, but may not enter the field of play with water at any stage - they may only approach the sideline to dispense water.
11. Substitutes Slips are to be presented by the Team Official to the linesman or 4th Official. Substitutions, according to Rule, may only be made break in play.